4.21.2009

thirsty. & tired.

My soul thirsts for God,
the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

Why are you so downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?

How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say,
"I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

---
David the drama queen?
All those words up there...
were not written by me, merely
REwritten.
They were already written by David,
thousands of years ago...
I think David is the greatest poet I know
because he writes such honest lyrics
and his words surpass time and space.
Because although I am currently
in the year 2009
in Berkeley, CA
I know exactly how he felt
when he wrote those words.
-.passionate.desperate.tired.-
---

Hope
is not pretending
that there's never
any sorrow~
It's the knowledge
that our troubles
will be overcome tomorrow.
It's the inner strength
we call on
to sustain us now and then,
Till our problems
lie behind us,
and we're happy once again.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.
[2nd part to Psalm 13, which I REwrote in the beginning]

1 comment:

  1. I think that the characters in the Bible being so human is so encouraging. It's like those magazines that have "CELEBRITIES are just like us!" and then they have a picture of Jessica Simpson grocery shopping. hahah okay, not that lame..but honestly. It's so comforting to know that someone as great as David had issues too...actually issues that are probably even worse than ours <3

    ReplyDelete