7.05.2009

as we serve your heart, serve your ♥

There is a difference.
And I've had a revolution.
There is a difference between...

Fitting God into my will.
and
Fitting me into God's will.

It's so easy to try to do life my way
and then sprinkle a little GOD on top of it.
Yea, I aced my class,
praise GOD.
I want to become a doctor
so I can serve GOD.
But honestly...
if we're doing life our way,
which means we're not acknowledging
the Almighty-ness and
the Allpowerful-ness and
the Lordship of GOD
over this world and
over our lives
why do we even bother
adding GOD to OUR picture?
If we're sufficient on our own,
why do we even need GOD?

See, I think that's where we fail.

Our tiny, insignificant, sinful,
egocentric, human minds
cannot grasp the concept of this
great, powerful, divine, and gracious
being. we call GOD.

I feel like I've been living the wrong way.
It's not. My life + God.
It's more like. My life = God.
I don't get to choose which parts of my life
I want God to be in.
I don't have that power.
And God's not the lost one.
I am.
God found me.
And He chose me.
And since He chose me,
He gets to choose which parts of my life
He gets to be in.
And He's chosen ALL of it.

I had life from the wrong perspective.
From the perspective that I'm higher than I really am.
And God is smaller than He really is.

It's actually very simple, though.
God is HUGE!
I am tiny.
And I fit into His will.
I am a tiny speck in His BIG picture.
Even though,
with my tiny eyes,
I can't see that.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! it gave me chills reading it...its so true & i think we all struggle with the same thing at some point. just know that even though we lose sight of things sometimes, god is constantly there for us & loving us. love you girl!

    ReplyDelete