10.24.2009

first wish of the 20-year-old.

二十.이십.ishirini.veinte.vingt.dalawampung.twenty.20

I think for a while...
I wanted to deny that I'm getting older.
Because with growing older comes
more stress, pressures, and expectations.
And I'd like to think that those things aren't relevant to me.
Since I act like a kid... 100% of the time.
But even so... I think I'm now okay with it.
Now that it's happened.
I was just thinking about...
MATURITY.
how Henri Nouwen described it.
He said,
"But! Jesus has a different vision of MATURITY:
It is the ability & willingness to be led
where you would rather NOT GO."

I think my wish for this year
is... to represent this vision of MATURITY.
If this is how Jesus views MATURITY,
then I want to be have MORE ability
and MORE willingness to be led.
I want to be MORE of a servant-leader.
I want to be led to MORE unknown,
MORE undesireable, and MORE painful places.
And I want to be led MORE times into MORE of those places.
I think I just want MORE of Jesus. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment